What’s new in 2024.0.1
- Improved appearance of icons in the Share dropdown menu.
- Improved stability of video capture when the setting to automatically adjust microphone input is enabled.
- Improved responsiveness when turning Blur Background on or off.
- Improved Quick Look functionality in the Library and Combine Videos window. Press the space bar to preview a selected video and left or right arrow keys to navigate between multiple selections.
- Improved clickability of the button to swap between Picture-in-Picture and fullscreen webcam recording when Screen Draw mode is enabled.
- Fixed capture presets to remember assigned keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed sharing to File to allow selecting the file format in macOS 14 Sonoma.
- Fixed the Recent Captures Tray to retain videos when the user quits Snagit and discards edits.
- Fixed an issue where Editor would discard videos shared from the Fuse mobile app.
- Fixed sharing directly from the Capture Window to iWork apps.
- Fixed cursor behavior when sharing to Microsoft Teams.
- Fixed an issue where the File share destination in the Capture Window would not save scrolling captures to custom folder locations.
What’s new in 2024.0.0
- Combine Videos
- Snagit's new Combine Videos window makes it quick and easy to select, order, and combine multiple clips into a single video.
- Relax: Record and combine multiple short clips. There’s no need to get it perfect in a single take.
- Save time: Reuse or rearrange video clips as needed.
- Collaborate: Import and combine videos from coworkers to create a shared presentation.
- To launch the Combine Videos window, on the video playback toolbar click Add Videos, or select Video menu > Combine Videos.
- Click Animation
- Show viewers exactly when and where you click while recording video, without relying on verbal cues.
- Customize the animation color to increase visibility or match your brand colors.
- Select this option from the Capture Cursor settings in the Capture Window, or turn it on and off from the video toolbar while recording.
- Blurred Camera Background
- Added an option to blur the webcam background while recording.
- Easy Camera Mode Swapping
- Added the ability to switch between Fullscreen webcam and Picture-in-Picture video with a single click or keyboard shortcut.
- Improved Learning Center
- Learn what's new, find tutorial links, and access tours any time in the redesigned learning center.
- New Starter Theme and Quick Styles
- Elevate your screenshots with Snagit's new default "Starter" Theme and Quick Styles to give a fresh new look to your tools and annotations.
- Screen Draw tool colors and arrowheads are updated to match the new default Quick Style.
- Stamps Refresh
- Snagit 2024 comes loaded with new stamps to quickly add stylish touches to your images, with even more stamps available for download from the TechSmith Assets for Snagit site.
- Stamps included in previous versions of Snagit are still available for free on the Assets site.
- Shadow property is now off by default for all Stamps.
- Microsoft Teams Integration
- Share images and video directly from Snagit to Microsoft Teams.
- Streamline collaboration and accelerate decision-making by sharing to where you already work.
- Select Microsoft Teams from Snagit's Share dropdown, or drag and drop from Snagit into the Teams application.
- Notifications from Share Link
- Never miss a beat with improved Screencast notifications and custom settings.
- Refreshed the video playback toolbar to provide a modern feel while ensuring clarity of function.
- Added a Video menu with options and keyboard shortcuts to play back, edit, and combine video.
- Moved Jump To options from the Edit menu to the new Video menu.
- Automatically apply unsaved cuts when combining videos.
- Updated the video recording toolbar to distinguish webcam, microphone, and cursor toggles from their dropdown option buttons.
- Added a System Username option to the Capture Info effect.
- Added the ability to rename a selected file in Editor from the File menu.
- Added file details to thumbnail tooltips in the Library and Recent Captures Tray.
- Improved the timing and workflow for when Snagit requests system permissions.
- Updated video playback in the Editor to preview frames when the user drags selection handles.
Updates for IT Administrators
- Removed dependency on zlib for data compression.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing the Library location.
- Fixed an issue where black frames were sometimes added to the beginning or end of a video recording.
- Fixed an issue where webcam recordings occasionally included black bars on the edges.